Sunday, February 18, 2007

Cool Book I came across


The author is Hilda T Skae who, it seems, made a career of writing popular histories of Britain. Thomas Nelson published it, but the year of publication is not to be found on my copy.


It's a childrens' book, and it has mistakes (my hero, Major General Sir Archibald Campbell was NOT born at Inverneill...), however, it exemplifies a time when kids read about heroes. And, might I add, CAMPBELL heroes!! Sir Archibald's nephew, James (also buried at Westminster Abbey), is mentioned also, as showing "the true fighting spirit."


A quick look through the internet lists only one in this series: "Black Douglas's", which you can order here (at www.bookfinder.com ) or at abebooks, here. I found this "Campbells of Argyll" book in a second hand bookstore in York.

No comments: