Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Knapdale People Data Base

I am working on a data base of Knapdale's population. The names included are from the South and North Knapdale census for 1841, 1851 and 1861 (EXCLUDING ARDRISSAIG); parish registers for N and S Knapdale ( ie, marriages and births/christenings); various Malcolm of Poltalloch records; Inverneill Estate papers; Road Money listings; the Argyll Militia listings; the South Knapdale Parochial Board minutes (1845 - 1855), ie, listings of paupers, etc; and Monumenti inscriptions for 11 Knapdale cemeteries.

I would be pleased to help you find/describe an ancestor. Email me at heather@knapdalepeople.com . I can't do your work for you, but I can get you a listing of a particular person who is on the data base. Remember that there were not a lot of names to go around back then... and the settlements are mostly gone, although most of them can still be found on maps.

My data base is in PARADOX format. It can provide a list in Wordperfect, and also in Microsoft Word.

No comments: